Opportunities for Canadian Professionals
The following awards are available through Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada for Canadian professionals wishing to study or undertake research abroad.
Organization of American States (OAS) - Professional Development Scholarship Program
- Opportunities for professional development through short-term courses in specialized areas of training
Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program
- Short-term non-degree-seeking awards for Canadian academics, students and professionals who wish to study and/or undertake research at participating Chinese institutions.
Additional opportunities are also offered to Canadian professionals by other federal departments and agencies as well as other governments:
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Science Journalism Awards: internship awards for mid-career journalists in science journalism.
- IDRC Sabbatical Awards: awards provided to senior academics or researchers who have substantial research and publication records, as well as extensive personal and network contacts in one of IDRC’s Program Areas.
- Foreign Government Awards - Italy: scholarships offered to students, professionals, scientists, researchers, teachers and artists who wish to study in Italy.
- Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program: Japanese government sponsored exchange programme that offers university graduates opportunities full time jobs as either an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) team teaching with a Japanese Teacher of English in elementary and secondary schools or as Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) in selected local government offices in Japan.