Opportunities for Canadian Professionals
The following awards are available through Global Affairs Canada for Canadian professionals wishing to study or undertake research abroad.
Organization of American States (OAS) - Professional Development Scholarship Program
- Opportunities for professional development through short-term courses in specialized areas of training
Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program
- Short-term non-degree-seeking awards for Canadian academics, students and professionals who wish to study and/or undertake research at participating Chinese institutions.
Additional opportunities are also offered to Canadian professionals by other federal departments and agencies as well as other governments:
- IDRC Sabbatical Awards: awards provided to senior academics or researchers who have substantial research and publication records, as well as extensive personal and network contacts in one of IDRC’s Program Areas.
- Foreign Government Awards - Italy: scholarships offered to students, professionals, scientists, researchers, teachers and artists who wish to study in Italy.
- Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program: Japanese government sponsored exchange programme that offers university graduates opportunities full time jobs as either an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) team teaching with a Japanese Teacher of English in elementary and secondary schools or as Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) in selected local government offices in Japan.